CHURCH CALENDAR & WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW —
March 14 – March 21, 2021
THIS WEEK’S CHURCH CALENDAR
9:00 am … FACE-TO-FACE WORSHIP at Kinmundy First UMC in sanctuary, Drive-In listening (FM 87.9) on the parking lot or WATCH Pastor Dave’s video of the entire worship service at kinmundychurch.org
10:45 am … FACE-TO-FACE WORSHiP at Wesley UMC
— … PASTOR’S SABBATH DAY
11:00 am … BIBLE STUDY, COMMUNION & WEEKLY PRAYER SERVICE will be in the Kinmundy Fellowship Hall. This meeting is plannd to last for 30 minutes.
9:00-1:00 pm … DISTRICT EXECUTIVE UMW Meeting in Fellowship Hall.
9:00 am … FACE-TO-FACE WORSHIP at Kinmundy First in sanctuary, Drive-In listening (FM 87.9) on the parking lot or WATCH Pastor Dave’s video of the entire sermon on kinmundychurch.org
10:45 am … FACE-TO-FACE WORSHIP at Wesley UMC
WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW —
- UPCOMING COMMITTEE MEETINGS
Thurs, March 25 11:00 am Missions Meeting
Mon, March 29 7:00 pm Ad Council Meeting
If you would like to attend any meeting from home by phone or over the Internet, please let Pastor Dave know or call Vervadene in the church office.
- PASTOR DAVE will continue providing a video of an entire worship service on the Internet for you to watch at home each week throughout the Spring. We will still mail a transcript of the sermon with the bulletin and make a DVD for those who request it.
- BIBLE STUDY ADDED TO PRAYER MEETING AND COMMUNION – this Wednesday at 11:00 am we will share needs for prayer and take communion in the Fellowship Hall. (We will social distance and wear masks.) After sharing our news and needs for prayer, Pastor Dave will lead a short bible study followed by taking Holy Communion. We will also fill out “Get Well” cards and sign them to be mailed to those we are praying for this week.
This will allow us to ease back into Bible study as a congregation, If you would like to attend any meeting from home by phone or over the Internet, please let Pastor Dave know or call Vervadene in the church office.
- OUR NEWS BULLETIN section “We Would Like You To Know” needs some interesting “news”, so if anyone has any pictures or news items about your families or other happenings that you would like to share with our members, please send them to us by email at email@example.com or drop them by the office
- PHASE 4 COVID 19 Guidelines from the IGRC based on the latest science:
— Churches may gather indoors for any purpose in groups of 50 and less
— Churches with larger rooms may gather indoor groups of up to 25% of the room capacity, but may not exceed 100 people in total
— Social distancing, face masks, and other safety precautions should be taken for all activities
— Church buildings may be open all kinds of groups and meetings of appropriate size, and all church staff and volunteers can regularly use the building. Facemasks and social distancing are required.
There are still many concerns regarding the safety gathering during a time of Coronavirus. But people in our region are working hard to keep each other safe.
- HELP WANTED … Pastor Dave would like to know if you are interested in helping with the planning as we restart our church programming this Spring.
THE FELLOWSHIP MEALS team will be planning picnics on the church parking lot – outdoor activities are VERY safe – as the weather warms up, plus the return of our monthly SALT gatherings (Senior Adults Lunching Together). The team will be making plans for how it will be safe to offer food, and what kinds of food as people gather.
OTHER TEAMS to plan for our returning to normal will be organizing soon. Please contact Pastor Dave if you would like to help.
- PASTOR DAVE & KIM will receive their first COVID Vaccine shots Wednesday, 3-17-21, at 9:15 at the Marion County Health Department. While we do not expect any challenging reaction to the first shot, be aware that this may change Pastor Dave’s schedule for this week.