We Would Like You To Know —
WORSHIP THIS WEEK … six options:
1. At this time, due to decreasing Coronavirus rates, the United Methodists Churches of our Illinois Great Rivers Conference are returning to face-to-face worship services WITH ALL NECESSARY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
2. YOU HAVE SIX CHOICES TO PARTICIPATE IN WORSHIP, depending on what you feel is necessary for your own safety and situation in this Coronavirus. We respect your decision.
Choice #1: You are welcome to attend live, Face-to-Face worship with all safety precautions at Kinmundy United Methodist Church at 9 am Sunday morning OR at Wesley, 10:45 Sunday morning. We social distance, wear a mask (or face shield) throughout the service, and do not sing hymns as safety precautions.
Choice #2: We broadcast the audio of the live service on your car’s FM radio, FM 87.9, to the parking lot at Kinmundy UMC at 9 am. This is a little safer than inside, a mask is not needed and you can sing your heart out. A bucket by the corner has bulletins in it. Just like a drive in, you can bring snacks and coffee.
Choice #3: Please click on the link at the blog post for this Sunday in the “Attend Worship at Home” category to watch the entire worship service as a video on your home computer, tablet or smartphone. Sermons and worship services for previous weeks are also available.
The same links will be provided on the Kinmundy Church Facebook page.
Choice #4: Please click on the link at the blog post of the day in the “Attend Worship at Home” category to have your own worship service experience, for whatever you are interested in. You can listen to the sermon on audio, pray the prayers, play YouTube versions of the hymns, and/or view the sermon slides with the sermon audio.
Choice #5: A copy of the “Worship at Home” service AND a sermon transcript will be emailed or sent by US Mail Monday to anyone who requests it. Call the church office at 547-7423 to subscribe. The transcript can also be read on the blog after 2 pm on Monday and used in your devotions through the week.
Choice #6: If you don’t have the internet and you would like to watch the worship video on DVD, please call the church office.
INFORMATION ON SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
Regions 3 and 5 move to Phase 4 with no mitigations. (Marion County is in Region 5.)
— Churches may gather indoors for any purpose in groups of 50 and less
— Churches with larger rooms may gather indoor groups of up to 25% of the room capacity, but may not exceed 100 people in total
— Churches may gather out-of-doors in groups of any size with proper distancing and masks
— Children and youth ministry programs may occur
— Social distancing, face masks, and other precautions should be taken for all activities
— Churches should not practice group singing
— Church buildings may be open all kinds of groups and meetings of appropriate size, and all church staff and volunteers can regularly use the building
— Facemasks and social distancing are required.
We will continue to practice all safety measures recommended by the Illinois Department of Public Health, as listed above.
If for some reason the Coronavirus pandemic restrictions are reissued, we will again take a temporary break.
We will also very carefully and kindly respect anyone who chooses to not attend worship at this time, whether it is because they wish to be safer or because they wish to avoid wearing a mask. We love you and support your personal decision, and look forward to seeing you again.
If anyone wishes to have Communion please contact Pastor Dave and he will schedule a midweek morning or evening “socially distant” Communion Service at the church to serve you communion.
PASTOR DAVE intends to telephone all active members in the coming months, so don’t be surprised when your phone rings or there is a message on the answering machine from him! If you’d rather not wait, call the church office (547-7423) to let him know you would like a phone visit!
SAFETY RULES FOR INSIDE, FACE-TO-FACE WORSHIP –
The Kinmundy worship planning team met June 15, 2020, and made decisions for our return to worship in the sanctuary. (All interested were invited to attend that meeting.) WE EXPECT THAT LIFE WILL REMAIN UNUSUAL (and require some inconvenience and discomfort) THROUGH THIS TIME and hopefully be back to normal by the fall of 2021.
Please remember that the full Coronavirus vaccine makes it likely that you can neither catch the virus or spread the virus; it is true herd immunity.
1. Six-foot minimum social distancing is identified by bulletins placed on pews, which are also marked with a verticle strip of green masking tape. Families can sit together but please maintain that distance with others, especially when moving about.
2. We will still broadcast the service on FM 87.9 so that people can attend in their cars, whether for reasons of safety or comfort (mask optional).
3. For safety, wearing a mask in the church sanctuary is mandatory; the virus is spread by the exhaled breath of people, and you can be contagious two weeks before you know it. Outside the church and in your car is a “mask optional” zone. (If needed, we will attempt to create a mask optional zone within the church building.) The pastor has a mask for you if you need one!
4. If you are going to sneeze, please cover your mouth with a Kleenex. A box should be present at each seating spot.
5. The pastor will wear a face shield while preaching as “sermon virus” can spread over 20+ feet.
6. Please do not sing aloud in the sanctuary during hymns, as that widely spreads the virus. Humming along softly is OK. Singing outside and in your car is OK.
7. Groups under 50 can meet inside the church building with masks and social distance. We’ll let our bible studies and other groups decide if they wish to meet at the church this summer or wait until the fall. Meeting outside or elsewhere is OK.
8. We are not providing food but you can “bring your own beverage” to any meeting.
9. As United Methodists, we follow our Bishop’s recommendations, which are based on Illinois Department of Public Health safety guidelines. You can view them here:
Coming Back to the Heart of Worship
Phase 4 Guidelines
Phase 3 Guidelines
10. Our goal is to provide the safest possible environment for inside worship at Kinmundy UMC and Wesley UMC, plus safe choices for our members to worship in this time of the coronavirus pandemic. We will not compromise.
(This is why a mask or face shield is required to attend worship in the Kinmundy Church sanctuary.)
CURRENT REALITY: We do not feel the need to retreat as long as everyone present cooperates with all known safety precautions.
KinmundyChurch.org: The Blog of the Kinmundy and Wesley United Methodist Churches, 308 E. 3rd St, Kinmundy, IL, 62854
AFTER CORONAVIRUS requirements cease, we will return to our normal schedule:
Worship at Kinmundy: 9 am Sunday. At Wesley: 10:45 Sunday.
Wednesday@Wesley Bible Study for both churches: 7 pm Wednesdays.
Visit us on Facebook here!
Listen to or download sermons and slides by clicking here.
Vision Statement: We are a functional family of God, where Jesus is Lord and people grow.
Mission Statement: “Every layperson is called to carry out the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20); every layperson is called to be missional.” (¶126, Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church)
The world has 2 needs and 2 kinds of people: People who need to become disciples
and disciples who need to become disciple-makers. (T4T)
Kinmundy United Methodist Churches
308 3rd Street, Kinmundy, IL 62854
AFTER CORONAVIRUS CANCELATIONS, Worship at 9 am. Please join us!
Wesley United Methodist Church
3381 Kinoka Rd, Patoka, IL 62875
AFTER CORONAVIRUS CANCELATIONS, Worship at 10:45 am.
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY:
PLEASE CHECK THE CHURCH FACEBOOK PAGE FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION!
Weekday policy: if South Central public schools are closed because of bad weather,
church activities that day are postponed.