Burns Concerns 1. Sadness: Do you feel sad or down in the dumps?
– I am sad for the tragedies in my life.
– hopes crushed: Debi, Allyson, people not being who I thought they might be for me = disappointment.
– lack of doppelganger companionship = always compromising my interests as the preice of intimacy.
– always alone.
2. Discouragement: Does the future look hopeless?
– not exactly hopeless, but unlikely to change.
– Settled. Hardened. Predictable.
3. Low self-esteem: Do you feel worthless?
– No, but I feel unmotivated by goals.
– as if nothing is important. Nothing matters.
– lack of excitement and enthusiasm.
– I am very worried about my disengagement and lack of concern for people. Social Anhedonia? As if my only interest is utility … that I use people. I am critical of this trait.
4. Inferiority: Do you feel inadequate or inferior to others?
– not so much, but I am not whom or what I want to be.
– i feel inferior to my hopeful dream of myself.
5. Guilt: Do you get self-critical and blame yourself?
– I am reminded of my sins and mistakes, and the pain I’ve caused others.
– where I have done to others what harm has been done to me.
6. Indecisiveness: Is it hard to make decisions?
– it seems like there are no useful, fun or beneficial decisions to make.
7. Irritability: Do you frequently feel angry or resentful?
– when provoked
– when exposed to stupidity, arrogance
– when exposed to willful ignorance
– when exposed to judgemental criticism
– when exposed to the willful bearing of false witness and doing harm
– so, environmental irritability = stimulus
8. Loss of interest in life: Have you lost interest in your career, hobbies, family or friends?
– Anhedonia. Yes.
9. Loss of motivation: Do you have to push yourself hard to do things?
10. Poor self-image: Do you feel old or unattractive?
– I don’t feel sexy or desired.
11. Appetite changes: Have you lost your appetite? Do you overeat or binge compulsively?
– not more than usually undisciplined about food.
– food as pleasure.
12. Sleep changes: Is it hard to get a good night’s sleep? Are you excessively tired and sleeping too much?
– Yes, tired, sleep disorder
13. Loss of sex drive: Have you lost your interest in sex?
– self reproach, loss of ability therefore feeling bad about myself due to comparison to others, feel like a failure.
– testosterone deficiency, lifetime
14. Concerns about health: Do you worry excessively about your health?
– not excessively.
– I do have chronic health problems
– I am concerned now but wasn’t before.
- Attend Worship at Home 2023-2024
- Bulletin, News and Prayer List
- Committee Business
- Devotions & Spiritual Exercises
- DiscipleWalk Bible Study
- No Sermon Transcript
- Past Attend "Worship at Home"
- PAST WORSHIP SERMONS
- Sermon List – prior to 2009
- Sermons 2009-2016
- Sermons 2017
- Sermons 2018
- Sermons 2019
- Worship in Song
- zGuitar 101
MilestoneHow can we walk in newness of life?April 17, 202219 months ago.