—– Forwarded Message —–
From: David Kueker <email@example.com>
To: Joyce Holley <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Diane Hanks <email@example.com>; Cathy Wilkins <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Jo/Mike Williams <email@example.com>; Larry Hebron <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Katrina Hebron <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 01:27:20 PM CDT
Subject: Trustees Decision: fund improvement of our contracted farmland.
I have been asked by the chair of the Trustees to set a matter before you.
A review of “digital decision making” procedures.
1. The church council authorized digital decision making at the church Council called after worship on March 15th for the time while we are directed by the governor to shelter in place and meetings are not allowed.
2. A meeting is called to order when an email is sent from the pastor to a committee for a decision to be made.
3. Persons will make motions, raise questions, amend proposals and vote as normal, except that they will vote by replying to the original email.
– “Reply” sends your note only to the pastor, who will report it to the body.
– “Reply All” (sign: two arrows) sends your response to everyone.
4. A quorum requirement will be satisfied by a sufficient number of replies to the email.
5. After 24 hours of consideration, or after everyone has voted on the issue, the meeting will be considered to be adjourned unless there is interest in continuing discussion.
6. The pastor will regularly update the committee and summarize discussion.
7. Once a decision is made, the pastor will reply to all with a final summary of the decision which will function as minutes.
Proposal: (Paragraphs are numbered for easy reference.)
#1. The trustees have not made a financial contribution for many years as is typical with rented land to help with fertilizer and other elements to maintain the quality of the land.
#2. The tested quality of our Farmland is very poor as a result.
#3. Our tenant requests that we consider providing funds to bring the land in a single year up to a quality level.
#4. A detailed written report was submitted providing test results and documentation, but the Pastor’s copy has been mislaid; Vervadene will make a copy from her files this afternoon and it will be emailed to you ASAP, hopefully later this afternoon.
#5. The cost to upgrade the farmland in a single year will be $16,994.50 and this includes 61 tons of lime, 25 tons of potash, and 19 tons of triple phosphate.
#6. There is urgency to this decision because our tenant needs to get the land ready for a crop. The choice of what to sow will depend on our decision.
#7. Proposal: provide our tenant with the ability to improve the land at a cost to us of $16,994.50. (He would probably place the order and we will pay the bill.)
YOUR RESPONSE by replying to this email:
– the first person to reply “I move #7” will be listed as the maker of the motion. (I am not a Trustee, so I can’t move it for you.)
– the second person to reply “I move #7” will be listed as the 2nd to the motion.
– please also vote on the motion by also typing “yes” or “no” or “abstain.”
– if you have a question or a comment or an amendment, please reply to this email to share your opinion and begin a discussion with the group.
On behalf of the Trustees … Pastor Dave Kueker
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, without uncertainty or insincerity. And the harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. James 3:17-18