Wednesday@Wesley Bible Study
WEDNESDAY@WESLEY BIBLE STUDY
FOR THIS WEEK – John 1:19-51.
1. What did John the Baptist do to influence Andrew and his companion to become a disciple of Jesus?
2. What did Jesus do to influence them to become disciples?
3. What then did Andrew do to influence his brother Peter?
4. What did Phillip’s friend Nathaniel need to become a disciple? How is that different from Andrew and Peter?
5. What do you think it means when Nathaniel says, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?”
6. Reflect on your experience of becoming a disciple … what happened? Which of the four situations above (or combination of situations) is most like your own personal experience?
7. Who were the people there when you became a disciple? What did they do that influenced you?
8. Did they play the role of a John the Baptist,
or was it a “Come and See” experience,
or were you invited by an Andrew or a Phillip,
or was there something supernatural that happened?
9. How do we create “Come and See” experiences in the church today? How could we?
While we will have Bibles on hand, you might wish to bring your favorite bible from home. Familiar tools help us do our work well!
We meet at 7 pm Wednesdays at the Wesley United Methodist Church, 3381 Kinoka Road between Kinmundy and Patoka, Illinois.
The photo …
All Scripture quotations are from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.